Make Your Document In 3 Easy Steps:
What is a Tenancy Agreement for a House?
A Tenancy Agreement for a House is a contractual document used to create an assured shorthold tenancy (AST) to rent out a residential house. Tenancy Agreements convey the terms of a landlord-tenant relationship, including how the tenancy can be ended and each party’s obligations during the tenancy. For more information about the basics of residential letting, read Renting property.
For use in England only.
When should I use a Tenancy Agreement for a House?
Use this Tenancy Agreement for a House:
- to rent out the whole of a house for a fixed-term
- when you will not be living at the property
- when the property will be the tenant's main home
- when the tenant is a private individual or multiple private individuals (ie not a commercial tenant)
- when there is only one landlord (the landlord can be a private individual or a business)
- only when the property is in England