Offer of Employment
I am pleased to offer you employment in the role of with (referred to as 'the Employer', 'us' or 'we', in the rest of this letter).
This letter is to confirm the offer to you, summarise the main commercial terms on which we would like to employ you and explain the conditions of our offer.
Summary of Employment Terms
The main terms of your employment are:
- We will pay you a basic salary of £
- Your normal place of work will be , ;
- Your normal hours of work will be hours each week on days and at times that we will notify to you periodically;
- You will be entitled to of holiday including bank holidays;
- You or we can end your employment by giving written notice of at least ;
The above is intended as a high-level summary only and does not explain in full either the terms of your employment or the arrangements applicable to each of the items listed. The items covered in this letter and your employment are subject to the terms set out in the contract of employment which you must sign as a condition of your employment and which takes precedence over this letter if there is any inconsistency.
Conditions of Offer
Our offer of employment is conditional on:
- You signing a contract of employment that is acceptable to us, in our absolute discretion. The contract of employment will be provided to you separately. The contract of employment will take precedence over this letter if there is any inconsistency.
- You having the right to work in the United Kingdom. You must show us documents which satisfy us that you have this right. This would normally be your original British passport. We will then copy and return the passport to you. If you do not hold a British passport then we will need to see other documents to verify your right to work in the United Kingdom and you should contact us to find out which documents you will need to provide.
- Us receiving evidence that you hold the qualification(s) set out in your CV or which you have otherwise indicated to us that you hold.
If any of the above conditions are not satisfied then this offer will be withdrawn or if it has already been accepted then we will be entitled to end your employment without notice or payment in lieu of notice. Please do not resign from your current job until you have had confirmation from us that we consider that these conditions have been satisfied. These conditions will continue to apply even if you have signed your contract of employment.
The written contract will be provided to you under separate cover. Please confirm your acceptance of the offer by signing the written contract and returning it to us. This offer is open for you to accept until , at which time it will lapse automatically without further notice and no longer be capable of acceptance. If you do accept this offer, we would like you to commence your new role on or as soon as possible afterwards. Please confirm when you can start work.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our employee privacy notice and other policies.