Planning for a trip can take a bulk of your time. With SHRM15 fast approaching, we thought it would be helpful to compile a list of unique things to do in Vegas.
Is there anything else to do in Vegas besides gambling and partying? Yep, plenty. Where else could you “Yabba Dabba Doo” in a Flintstones theme park (aptly named Bedrock City)? Only in Vegas.
Silly? Perhaps. Unique? Definitely. Here are a few more interesting things to do in Vegas while at SHRM:
1. Drive bulldozers at a heavy equipment playground. As the adult playground of the world, Vegas just wouldn’t be complete without bulldozers. At Dig This, you can fulfill that childhood dream of yours to ride a bulldozer.
3012 S. Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89102
2. Tour a gold mine. You can take a historical mining tour at Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours. Or better yet, you can take your adventure to the next level. They even offer canoe or kayak adventures that explore the coves along the Colorado River and visit historical sites from over 100 years ago.
Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours
16880 Nevada 165
Searchlight, NV 89046
3. Visit the oldest saloon in Vegas. Your trip doesn’t have to be entirely dry. It is Vegas after all. Pioneer Saloon has been serving alcohol for over 101 years. Plus, it’s supposedly haunted.
310 Spring Street
Goodsprings, NV 89019
4. Get artsy in the Arts District. The neighborhood is only a few blocks long but there’s a lot of colorful graffiti and interesting art to browse through. You’ll also find thrift stores, dive bars, and art galleries in the Arts District.
The Arts District
5. Take a trip down memory lane at The Pinball Hall of Fame. With over a hundred new and vintage arcade games, there’ll probably be at least one game from your childhood you’ll recognize. The place may seem a little rundown but it’s cheap!
The Pinball Hall of Fame
1610 E Tropicana Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Attending SHRM15 in Vegas? Remember to find us at Booth 3441! One lucky winner will be given a $500 flight voucher to take a vacation!