I. Create agreements with for your wedding vendors. Wedding contracts include:
- Wedding Consultant contract
- Catering contract
- DJ Contract
- Limousine Contract
- Venue Rental Agreement
- Photography Contract
- Videography Contract
- General Contract for Services
- Ask your spouse-to-be for a Prenuptial Agreement. Read our tips for talking to your spouse about this important document.
- Find out the requirements for a valid Prenuptial Agreement.
- Create a Prenuptial Agreement. Use our easy interview process to create a custom prenuptial legal document.
- Find out if you need liability insurance for your wedding.
- Combine car and homeowner’s and renter’s insurance with your new spouse after the wedding.
- Update your life and health insurance with a Change of Beneficiary Notification Letter after the wedding.
- Change your name on your wedding license and notify the appropriate parties once you've received the marriage certificate which serves as your proof of legal name change.
- Obtain new identification (social security administration, driver’s license, passport)
- Notify relevant institutions of your name change with a Name Change Notification Letter (banks, credit cards, insurance companies, etc)
- Visit the Real Estate Center to get information on signing a new lease agreement with your spouse, or for information on buying or selling a home.
This article contains general legal information and does not contain legal advice. Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. The law is complex and changes often. For legal advice, please ask a lawyer.