No, that’s not a typo.
We’re talking about the millions of small, independent businesses that help keep our economy humming.
We’re a nation of entrepreneurs, of all stripes. Whether you’re a sole proprietor or a family enterprise, a startup or a local institution, it takes blood, sweat, and sometimes, tears to make a go of it.
So we thought we’d take a moment to celebrate your hard work.
This month, we’ve launched our Faces of Small Business Business Photo Contest. Share a photo of the faces behind your small business for a chance to win an iPad Mini and a full year of Rocket Lawyer On Call® legal services.
It takes just a minutes to enter:
- Snap a photo of the people who make your business special. You can point the camera at yourself or your employees. It’s also fine to use a photo that you already have on your phone or mobile device!
- Upload your photo to our Facebook contest page before August 2.
- Share your entry and ask your friends and family to vote.
The 10 entries with the most votes will win! The grand prize winner gets an iPad Mini and a year of Rocket Lawyer services for their business; 9 other winners will get a Rocket Lawyer membership.
Our Rocket Lawyer On Call® memberships include incorporation services and access to all the contracts and documents you’ll need to start your business, and to run it:
- Create, eSign, store and share documents
- Get them reviewed by a lawyer
- Ask legal questions online
- Get 30-minute consultations for each new legal matter
- Connect with On Call attorney at up to 40% off their hourly rate for more complex matters
NOTE: In order to enter the contest, you will need to have a verified Facebook account. You will see a pop-up message that asks you to give Easypromos access basic information on your page. This requirement allows us to verify that you are a real person with a Facebook account, and not a spammer. Rest assured that you will not get spam email, from Easypromos or from Rocket Lawyer. Here are Easypromos privacy guidelines:
EASYPROMOS does not make any use of the personal information of users who take part in promotions through our platform, other than that which is strictly required for us to properly provide our services.
EASYPROMOS guarantees that your personal details will not, under any circumstances, be disclosed to third parties or used for sending advertising, or used for any means other than your participation in the promotions carried out through the EASYPROMOS application.
We’ll leave you with a small business facts:
- There are 3.6 million U.S. firms with fewer than 5 employees; another million with fewer than 10 employees; and 633,000 more with fewer than 20 workers. That’s about 88 percent of all U.S. companies (U.S. Census).
- There are another 21.7 million “non-employer” firms—most of which are self-employed people. (U.S. Census)
- About 73 percent of all small businesses are sole proprietorships. (Small Business Administration.
- According to the SBA, there are 27.9 million small businesses in the U.S.—or 99.7 percent of all employers! However, the SBA considers businesses with less than 500 employees to be “small.”
- Small Business Owners Skip Vacation, but Happy: Infographic (rocketlawyer.com)
- Scamming by Cramming: Is Your Cell Phone Safe? (rocketlawyer.com)
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Expanding Your Business on a Virtual Shoestring (rocketlawyer.com)