Profile information Member settings
Sign up Sign in

Tenant Eviction Service

Fixed price tenant eviction for England and Wales

from £130 +VAT

In association with

How it Works

Speak to a lawyer

They will talk you through the process and discuss fees.

Discuss your options

The lawyer will determine what exactly you need.

Start the eviction process

Begin reclaiming possession of your property.

What We Can Help With

Section 21 posession notices

Drafting and serving section 21 notices on your tenants.

From £130 +VAT

Section 8 posession notices

Drafting and serving section 8 notices on your tenants.

From £130 +VAT

Court proceedings

Preparing and issuing court proceedings and filing of paperwork at the courts.

From £425 +VAT

How can Rocket Lawyer help?

  • Why should I use a tenant eviction service?

    The eviction process can be very complicated and missing one small detail could potentially lead to your eviction being invalid or illegal. This is especially true with more complicated cases. Tenants on assured shorthold tenancies are provided with greater protection from illegal evictions and it's important that you get the process right.

    Anything you do outside of the Section 21 or Section 8 process could be seen as unlawful and you could face a fine or imprisonment if you evict your tenants illegally.

    In order for your eviction to be valid, you must follow set rules and procedures. Our lawyers can provide the assistance and expertise needed in order to ensure you comply with the law.

  • How can I evict a tenant?

    Whether you have a tenant who isn’t paying rent, causing damage to the property or you want your property back in order to sell, as a landlord you need to give your tenants a legal notice, either a section 21 notice or a section 8 notice, to vacate your property. This means choosing the right type of notice, giving the correct notice period and serving it correctly.

    Our lawyers can provide you with assistance in repossessing your property.

  • What's the difference between a section 21 notice and a section 8 notice?

    A section 21 notice, also known as a 'no-fault' eviction notice, is the form the landlords must use to start the process to evict a tenant. It is normally used once the fixed-term of the tenancy has expired and the landlord does not need to provide a reason for wanting to evict the tenant.

    A section 8 notice is an eviction notice that can only be used in limited and specific legal situations. These are normally where the tenant is in breach of their tenancy agreement (eg by not paying rent or by damaging the property) or the landlord wants to use the property as their main residence). There are 17 legal grounds available for the landlord to use if they apply.

    Both notices require the landlord to provide a notice period for the tenant to leave. The section 21 notice requires at least 2 months' notice, whereas the section 8 notice can vary between 2 weeks' and 2 months' notice.