As an employer, you’re responsible for the health and safety of your employees. You must assess and manage the risks in the workplace when your staff return to work. This includes the risk of contracting Coronavirus.
Before asking your employees to return, you should:
- deep clean the premises
- perform a health and safety assessment and/or Return to work risk assessment to determine what potential risks there are in the physical workplace
- assess whether any adjustments need to be made before re-opening such as ventilation, guidance on maintaining personal hygiene, implement flexible workforce arrangements, and accommodate those with protected characteristics
- update your health and safety policy to include Coronavirus-related safety measures
- have provisions for employees (or someone in their family) that are displaying Covid-19 symptoms
- communicate and train all workers and contractors on how the company is updating and adopting safety measures