Excellent opportunity for a Product Manager with Mobile App experience to join a thriving legal technology company based in Shoreditch.
Who we are
We believe everyone deserves affordable and simple access to legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
Rocket Lawyer UK is based in Shoreditch, the best place to work in London. In the UK we’re still a startup but we’re backed by our big sister, Rocket Lawyer Inc., headquartered in San Francisco.
What we need
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to drive product requirements and design beautiful apps and interfaces that help people solve their legal problems on the go.
What you will do
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research. Passionately represent the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, User Experience, QA, and Document Operations teams to create exceptional solutions to customer problems.
- Proactively conceive, define, and drive the creation of new features based on customer need, market trends, and competitive advantage.
- Prioritise product enhancements and backlog issues using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Create use cases and user stories that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Develop a deep understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment.
- Plan and manage projects and keep stakeholders informed of developments, issues and risks.
Why join us?
Rocket Lawyer are shaping the next generation of legal services today, and this is your opportunity to take part by joining a company that is inventing the future of law. Our growth and success is the direct result of the people who work at Rocket Lawyer. So we require everyone to develop and progress within the Company. We don’t work long hours. A healthy work-life balance is essential to long-term happiness and success at Rocket Lawyer, so we are generous with holidays and flexible working. With pension contributions and share options we also look after your financial future.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to pursue a different legal career to the norm.
What you should have
- Expertise: An experienced Product Manager with 4+ years using Agile methodologies for a technology company, and 2+ experience in managing and shipping mobile applications
- Self Starter: demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Player: A creative problem solver who inspires innovation across the entire team and enjoys working with other talented Product Managers to solve complex problems.
- User-Experience Minded: Doesn’t design apps in a vacuum but thinks about how they fit into people’s lives and real-world contexts. UX background a plus
- Obsessive About Detail: Has an eye for details and an understanding of how they can affect the quality and understandability of an experience. Won’t ship a bad experience but also knows when perfection is the enemy of the good
- Strong Communicator: Excellent at presenting, communicating with a strong bias for building strong relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders
- Numbers-Wielder: Not afraid to take a deep dive into our app metrics and data whether to diagnose a problem, evaluate a solution or propose a new KPI
- Experience with Google Play Store, iTunes, in-App purchasing
- Experience of Ionic, Titanium or other hybrid mobile framework(s) highly desirable
- Values Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field from a top university. MBA or technical Master’s degree preferred
How to Apply
More about working at Rocket Lawyer.
Prior to joining Rocket Lawyer in 2012, Mark led the legal business development team for LexisNexis UK. There, he managed a cross-functional team, and was responsible for the full lifecycle of product innovation—from proposition development and business case, through the launch and early sales traction. During his time at LexisNexis UK he built two new successful product lines. Previously, Mark was a user experience consultant, working in various industries including telecommunications and health.
Mark has a Computing degree, a masters in User Experience, and a PhD in Artificial Intelligence.
Latest posts by Mark Edwards (see all)
- Mobile Product Manager position at Rocket Lawyer UK - 09/03/2017
- We’re hiring! Product Manager, DevOps & Software Developers - 26/10/2016
- There’s no such thing as robot lawyers - 06/07/2016