Get our app
Account Sign up Sign in

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal advice from Rocket Lawyer network attorneys. We make it affordable and simple.

Ask a Lawyer

Get started

You can apply for a Certificate from the U.S. by completing Form DS-5509 Application for a U.S. Hague Adoption Certificate or Custody Declaration.  Submit the form and all the supporting documents to the Office of Children's Issues of the Department of State.  You can either submit the forms by e-mail to or mail them to the address below.

U.S. Department of State
Office of Children's Issues, SA-29
Hague Adoption Unit (HAC/HCD)
2100 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, 4th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20037

This article contains general legal information and does not contain legal advice. Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. The law is complex and changes often. For legal advice, please ask a lawyer.

Ask a lawyer

Our network attorneys are here for you.
Characters remaining: 600
Rocket Lawyer Network Attorneys

Try Rocket Lawyer FREE for 7 days

Start your membership now to get legal services you can trust at prices you can afford. You'll get:

All the legal documents you need—customize, share, print & more

Unlimited electronic signatures with RocketSign®

Ask a lawyer questions or have them review your document

Dispute protection on all your contracts with Document Defense®

30-minute phone call with a lawyer about any new issue

Discounts on business and attorney services