Get our app
Account Sign up Sign in

Start Your Complaint to Landlord

Answer a few questions. We'll take care of the rest.

If your landlord does not respond to your complaint in 24-48 hours, you should formally submit another complaint by certified mail. This way, in the worst-case scenario that your landlord is still unresponsive, you can take legal action against him or her. If the problem is severe enough, you may need to move out, or arrange for the repairs yourself (you can deduct the cost of repairs from your rent payment). Constructive eviction is the legal concept that allows you to leave a property that is uninhabitable.

To start resolving problems with your rental property today, use Rocket Lawyer to create your Complaint to Landlord. You can also use Rocket Lawyer to Find a Lawyer for any landlord-tenant disputes.

This article contains general legal information and does not contain legal advice. Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. The law is complex and changes often. For legal advice, please ask a lawyer.

Ask a lawyer

Our network attorneys are here for you.
Characters remaining: 600
Rocket Lawyer Network Attorneys

Try Rocket Lawyer FREE for 7 days

Start your Premium Membership now and get legal services you can trust at prices you can afford. You’ll get:

All the legal documents you need—customize, share, print & more

Unlimited electronic signatures with RocketSign®

Ask a lawyer questions or have them review your document

Dispute protection on all your contracts with Document Defense®

30-minute phone call with a lawyer about any new issue

Discounts! Incorporate for FREE + hire a lawyer with up to 40% off*

*Free incorporation for new members only and excludes state fees. Lawyer must be part of our nationwide network to receive discount.