Create Your Document In Just 3 Easy Steps:
What is a Washington Quitclaim Deed?
Quitclaim deeds are used for many purposes, including gifts of property, conveyances to correct prior deeds, and conveyances to settle a legal dispute. Quitclaim deeds are also used simply to confirm that the grantor does not claim any interest in the described property.
When to use a Washington Quitclaim Deed:
- You are passing your rights in a piece of property to a spouse or ex-spouse.
- You are gifting your property to another person or family member.
- You are transferring ownership in a property to a trust.
- You are correcting the spelling of a name in a previous deed.
- You are changing tenancy (how the property is owned) between owners.
- You are clarifying if the property is community or separate property after marriage.