Get our app
Account Sign up Sign in

Start Your Living Trust Amendment

Answer a few questions. We'll take care of the rest.

Remember that a Living Trust Amendment should only be used to make one or a few minor amendments.  If multiple amendments are necessary or if the changes are significant (or if you are amending amendments) it's best to talk to an attorney about creating an Amendment and Restatement of Trust document.  An Amendment and Restatement document means that you avoid having to transfer property into an entirely new trust — the original trust is simply 'restated' with revisions.

If you want to completely revoke a trust (because you've changed your mind about using a trust, or want to move from a regular Living Trust to a Joint Living Trust, for example) you can use a Living Trust Revocation document.

This article contains general legal information and does not contain legal advice. Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. The law is complex and changes often. For legal advice, please ask a lawyer.

Ask a lawyer

Our network attorneys are here for you.
Characters remaining: 600
Rocket Lawyer Network Attorneys

Try Rocket Lawyer FREE for 7 days

Start your Premium Membership now and get legal services you can trust at prices you can afford. You’ll get:

All the legal documents you need—customize, share, print & more

Unlimited electronic signatures with RocketSign®

Ask a lawyer questions or have them review your document

Dispute protection on all your contracts with Document Defense®

30-minute phone call with a lawyer about any new issue

Discounts! Incorporate for FREE + hire a lawyer with up to 40% off*

*Free incorporation for new members only and excludes state fees. Lawyer must be part of our nationwide network to receive discount.