Our Living Trust Amendment Form is a document used to change one or more minor provisions of a living trust or joint living trust as an alternative to preparing a new living trust. The amendment can be used to make minor deletions and/or additions to the original trust.
Use the Living Trust Amendment document if:
- You wish to change one or more provisions of the existing living trust due to events such as a change in marital status, the birth of a child, a move to another state (perhaps from a community property state to a non-community property state, or vice versa), a significant change in financial status, a change in the tax laws, or the death of a beneficiary.
- You wish to add or change beneficiaries.
- You wish to add or change the nomination of trustee, successor trustee, or alternate trust.
- You wish to modify conditions or restrictions on the distribution of income or principal from the trust, such as the age at which a child can receive a distribution.
- You wish to add or remove property from the trust and then amend the trust accordingly with regard to the beneficiary of that property.
- You wish to expand or delete trustee powers.
Other names for this document: Inter Vivos Trust Amendment, Living Trust Addendum