Renter's responsibilities typically include:
- Paying rent on time
- Following the arrangements of the rental agreement (eg, no pets, no smoking)
- Keeping the property from being damaged or destroyed
- Paying for electricity and internet use
Landlord's responsibilities typically include:
- Providing heating, air conditioning, water service and waste disposal
- Arranging for repairs
- Maintaining common areas
- Notifying tenants of, and responding to health concerns (eg, mold, pests)
You can create an Apartment Rental Agreement with Rocket Lawyer in minutes with our easy online service, or Find a Lawyerto help you with any landlord/tenant issues.
This article contains general legal information and does not contain legal advice. Rocket Lawyer is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. The law is complex and changes often. For legal advice, please ask a lawyer.