As the estimated destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy hits $50 billion, the “storm on steroids” is now the second most expensive storm in U.S. history, after Hurricane Katrina. And the damage is not faceless; millions of families and businesses have had their lives turned upside down by this disaster.
We know that rebuilding isn’t easy–it takes time and it takes resources. So, to help families and businesses get the simple and affordable guidance they need, we’ve created a Hurricane Sandy Legal and Insurance Help Center.
Here’s how we can help you start getting things back to normal:
- Helpful articles with the information you need in the aftermath of the storm, like how to appeal a rejected insurance claim or hire a contractor.
- Quick answers to your Superstorm Sandy legal questions:
- Less paperwork with quickly customizable documents, including requests for information about denied insurance claims, contracts for home repairs and more.
If you know someone who has been affected by the superstorm, please share our Hurricane Sandy Legal and Insurance Help Center with those in need. We’re here to help throughout the recovery process.
And if you can, please consider donating to the Red Cross to assist those in immediate need.
*Disclaimer: To help families and small businesses recover from Hurricane Sandy, new trial and monthly members will be immediately eligible for one free consultation with a lawyer through the Rocket Lawyer On Call® program for Hurricane Sandy related legal matters. This offer applies to hurricane assistance with financial losses, property damage, family matters, personal injuries, or other tangible Sandy related legal matters. Individuals and organizations seeking to use Rocket Lawyer services to assist with disaster relief and recovery are also welcome to contact Rocket Lawyer. Offer valid through December 31, 2012. Subject to Rocketlawyer.com Terms and Conditions.
- Your Single Click Can Help Us Make the Law More Affordable (rocketlawyer.com)
- On Call Attorney Spotlight: Michael Ziegler, Esq. (rocketlawyer.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Update: Rocket Lawyer On Call Coverage (rocketlawyer.com)