Affordable legal help for landlords. Make rental forms and property management documents, or ask a lawyer any legal question.
Characters Remaining: 600
Marc Gertasacov, Esq.

Rocket Lawyer On Call® Attorney

Rental forms for landlords

Landlord FAQs

Whether you're renting out your first home or managing multiple buildings, Rocket Lawyer has what you need to protect yourself and lease your property with confidence.

As a first-time landlord, what do I need to know?

As a first-time landlord, you need to know how to find good tenants, how to make solid Lease Agreements, and how to navigate local housing laws. Finding good tenants can greatly reduce your stress level and help provide steady passive income. With Rocket Lawyer, you can make a Rental Application to find the best tenants and a Lease Agreement to get all of your terms in writing. Housing laws vary by state, county, and city, so you should ask a lawyer to help ensure that you're following the local requirements. You'll also want to ask your accountant on how best to report any income you receive from your tenants and how to file your taxes. If you haven't formed a legal entity, you may also consider incorporating your rental business to protect your personal assets and finances.

Can Rocket Lawyer support my existing property management business?

Yes. Whether you're renting out a room in your home or managing multi-family properties, Rocket Lawyer can help with all of your legal needs. We can help you incorporate your business and we provide all the landlord documents you'll need to manage your properties. We can help you find good tenants, make Lease Agreements, start the eviction process, update existing leases, and much more. We even offer lease documents for non-residential property, such as commercial spaces, farmland, parking spaces, storage units, and more. With a Premium membership, you'll have unlimited access to our entire document library, as well as the ability to ask legal questions and get personalized answers from our network of On Call attorneys. Give us a try for free!

What rental forms does Rocket Lawyer offer?

We offer a wide range of property management documents and rental forms suitable for every state. All legal documents can be customized and built using any device, and many can be signed online. Once you make a document, it will be saved in your dashboard, so you can easily access, edit, or copy it at any time. You can also download your documents as a PDF or Word file, so you can easily print them. Our library of landlord documents includes Residential Lease Agreements, Sublease Agreements, Pet Addendums, Late Rent Notices, Eviction Notices, and many more.

Are Rocket Lawyer documents suitable for all states?

Landlord documents such as Lease Agreements and Eviction Notices are customized to accommodate state laws. If you are concerned about unique city or county laws, you can ask a lawyer or contact your local government. You may also be able to find the local codes posted online. If you lease property that is in rent-controlled areas or those whose rent may be paid, partially or in full, by government resources, you'll want to make sure you comply with the special requirements of government-supported housing.

Can Rocket Lawyer help me start a property management business?

Yes, we can. Rocket Lawyer provides low-cost filing services, so you can affordably incorporate to take advantage of liability protection and potential tax advantages. We can help you file to form an LLC, S-Corp or C-Corp. We also provide registered agent services. If you have questions or would rather start your business over the phone rather than online, call us at (888)-627-1186.

“Rocket Lawyer has made it super easy to make lease agreements with my tenants. The process was convenient, not only for me, but for my tenants, as well.”

Arlene T.

Rocket Lawyer member since 2015