1. Explanation of the Terms of this Agreement. Client is in need of legal services and Attorney shall provide such and the parties agree to proceed on a limited scope legal services arrangement. "Limited scope" means Attorney assists Client only in the following ways as described in this document. Unless otherwise stated in this agreement, Attorney does not speak for or represent Client.
The Client is requesting limited legal services from Attorney in the following matter: (the "Matter" or "Case").
2. Scope of Agreement and Services.
a. The only legal services promised by Attorney in this Agreement are:
6. Costs, Expenses, and Other Expenditures. In addition to any fees listed in this Agreement, Client shall pay Attorney all out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with this Agreement. Costs may include the following: long distance telephone and fax costs, copies, postage, filing fees, and the like unless paid directly by Client. Attorney will not advance costs to third parties on Client's behalf and Attorney will not pay filing fees, court costs, or other costs to any court unless specifically requested by Client and agreed upon in advance by Attorney.
7. Additional Services/Representation. The Client may request that Attorney provide additional services, or Attorney and Client may later determine that the Attorney should provide additional limited service or assume full representation. Attorney has no further obligation to Client and may accept or decline to provide additional services. If Attorney agrees to provide additional services, those additional services will be specifically listed in an amendment to this Agreement, signed and dated by both the Attorney and Client.
If Attorney and Client agree that Attorney will serve as Client's attorney of record on all matters related to handling Client's Case, Client and Attorney will create an amendment to this Agreement, signed and dated by both the Attorney and Client.
8. Obligations of Client. Client intends to retain control over all aspects of the Case except those specifically assigned to Attorney, and understands that he/she will remain in control of the Case and be responsible for all decisions made in the course of the Case. Client agrees to:
a. Assist Attorney and complete Attorney's requests for information (in whatever form it may appear) that is necessary for Attorney to provide legal services;
b. Travel to Attorney's office if requested and show up at any appearance where Attorney asks Client to be present;
c. Carefully consider Attorney's advice as to Client's Matter before making any major decisions;
d. Provide and maintain current and complete contact information to Attorney, including changes in residence, changes in jobs, changes to phone number or other electronic means of communication; and
e. Keep Attorney advised of any new developments or information that is relevant to Client's Case, including any court notices, letters from the opposing party, or other similar developments.
9. Grounds to Terminate Agreement. Client may terminate this Agreement for any or no reason, although Client still will be legally obligated under this Agreement to meet Client's obligations to Attorney, including the obligation to pay to Attorney the agreed-upon attorney's fees to the extent it has been earned. Attorney may terminate this Agreement if, in Attorney's sole judgment, Client has failed to fulfill one of Client's material obligations under this Agreement, or for other good cause, or for any other reason authorized by law (including the ethical rules that govern lawyers).
10. Client's Informed Consent. Client has read this Limited Scope Representation Agreement and understands all of its provisions. Client understands and accepts the limitations on the scope of Attorney's responsibilities identified above. Client understands that Attorney is not his or her attorney for any other purpose and does not have to provide any more legal help than what is agreed to above.