Lexis-Nexis Teams with RocketLawyer.com for Easy Online Legal Services!
Lawyers.comsm adds “Do It Yourself” options for common legal issues
NEW YORK (July 23, 2008) – LexisNexis announced today that Lawyers.comsm, the leading online resource for consumers and small business professionals to find an attorney and legal information, has added access to a comprehensive legal document service that combines “do it yourself” legal forms with online legal document review by real lawyers.
The additions come as part of a larger transformation of Lawyers.com by LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell® that includes implementation of a variety of new interactive features.
One of the key new capabilities is the Legal Document Services provided by RocketLawyer.com™. This set of services now enable users of Lawyers.com to save time by creating legal documents themselves, as well as accessing fast, affordable legal help online right when needed from Lawyers.com member attorneys.
“Today, more consumers and small business professionals use the web to research legal issues before contacting a lawyer, and with the right tools and services they can often handle simple legal matters on their own,” said Sharon Lubrano, vice-president of Client Development at LexisNexis. “The addition of services from RocketLawyer.com offers Lawyers.com visitors user-friendly online resources so they can act faster and more efficiently on common legal matters. And, they can find and connect with one of more than a million lawyers represented at Lawyers.com via the same, easy to use interface.”
“We’re gratified to provide Lawyers.com users with easy and affordable online legal document services,” added Charley Moore, Founder of RocketLawyer.com. He continued. “Combining our easy online legal documents and our patent-pending “Click-through Legal Review” by real attorneys, with Lawyers.com, now gives Web users everything they need to take control of their legal matters.”
More than just a legal forms site, RocketLawyer.com makes it easy to complete many personal and business legal matters at Lawyers.com. For example, individuals can use the service to set up a last will and testament, create a living will, produce a bill of sale, designate power of attorney and much more. Business can use the service to manage processes such as setting up non-disclosure forms, creating service contracts and employee agreements, producing real estate leases, creating licensing agreements and more.
All of this is accomplished via a powerful set of integrated services, including:
- Interactive Legal Forms and Interviews. Users answer a few simple questions and create complete legal documents in minutes. These documents are ready immediately and available anywhere with Web access.
- Document Collaboration and Sharing. Users can share documents and collaborate with family, legal counsel and other parties.
- Click-Through Legal Review™. Users can access a network of attorneys who can review legal documents online for professional help.
- Safe, Secure Online Document Vault. Users get peace of mind by backing up their important papers with FileSafekeeper™.
- E-Signatures. Users save time and paper by signing legal documents electronically via a computer, cell phone or PDA.
In addition to new capabilities from RocketLawyer.com, Lawyers.com has expanded its vast database of practice area articles and information for consumers and small business professionals to include:
- Life Changing Events– Helpful information on legal issues that arise in most peoples’ lives, such as divorce, starting a business, creating a will and more.
- Community and Interactive Features – Interact with lawyers through community message boards, “Ask A Lawyer,” scheduled online sessions to discuss specific legal issues, and more.
- Videos- Clips from experts on common legal issues
- Blogs – Attorney insights on current key legal issues and trends
- On the Docket– Read questions other consumers and small businesses are asking and benefit from the answers
“All of these new elements are great examples of the ongoing transformation of Lawyers.com from a large and useful online directory into an interactive online community where individuals and small businesses can find, discuss, learn and take action on legal issues that matter to them,” said Lubrano.