- All pertinent information and evidence they request
- Answer their questions in a timely manner; you should expect the same
- Be open about your schedule and alert them if you cannot attend hearings or meetings
- Be honest. Again, being truthful allows your attorney to do their job effectively
- Pay them in a the manner you agreed upon in your engagement letter
- Honor any agreements, written or oral, that you have made with your lawyer
Think of yourself as partners. Your lawyer wants the best possible outcome for you and you want the best possible representation from your lawyer. Being open, truthful, and responsive is the surest way to succeed.