- Brainstorm your goals before you create an attorney website. You should definitely include information about what kind of law you practice, your experience, and what you can do for your clients. Make sure you provide contact information so potential clients can get in touch with you.
- Consider your attorney website from the perspective of your potential clients. What are your ideal clients looking for when they need to hire a lawyer? Try to avoid a lot of legal jargon that may not appeal to your target clients, and instead use terms that are easy to understand. After all, your clients are not lawyers – that’s why they need you.
- Look at other attorney websites. They should give you plenty of ideas, and a sense of your competition.
- Add a widget to your attorney website. Rocket Lawyer offers a free Legal Document Service widget, so you can capture revenue from potential clients who prefer a “do it yourself” legal solution. You can earn revenue when clients use the widget on your site, and you’ll be the client’s attorney of choice when that person needs more legal help.
- Don’t forget to add a professional photo of yourself to your attorney website. People want to see who you are, and it gives you a chance to show yourself as approachable and professional – and even if you’re working from home, it’s a good idea to wear a suit in the photo.
- Think about keywords for search engine optimization. What are your target clients searching for when they’re looking for the services you offer? Identify those keywords, and use them on your site. Getting a high ranking on search engines is essential, and it can be done by selecting the right keywords. Getting a high natural search ranking is free – versus pricey paid search engine marketing that can easily cost thousands.
- Add a blog. A blog can establish your expertise and show that you are up to date on the current legal issues in your area of practice. If you update regularly, people will follow your blog, increasing your website’s popularity and search ranking.
- Use other online tools to promote yourself and your attorney website. Start with a Free Legal Profile on Rocket Lawyer, where you can list your services and link to your attorney website. Rocket Lawyer users can find your profile and contact you right from Rocket Lawyer, and free legal profiles often rank high in natural searches – so it’s a great place to increase your visibility online.
- Interested in getting new local clients online and working with them in the cloud? Try Rocket Lawyer On Call. You get a tailor-made profile, access to hundreds of documents, and the ability to work and share with our ever-growing user base.
How to Create an Attorney Website
Join Rocket Lawyer
On Call It only takes about 10 minutes to complete.